About this course
The Award in Conflict Management is a recent addition to our courses. It is a 1 day course in Conflict Management, aimed at Hospitality Staff to inform, prepare and raise awareness when in close contact with the general public in Licensed Premises. Licensed Trade staff need to be aware that close interaction with the general public may lead to conflict related issues. We feel that this course is a necessity to all employees working within the Leisure and Entertainment Industry.
The qualification covers the following:
- The responsibilities of both employers and employees in relation to workplace violence under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- What is meant by the terms ‘risk’ and ‘hazard’, and the causes of workplace violence
- Why and how conflict situations can arise, and how to avoid them
- How to deal with conflict when it has arisen
- The importance of reporting and recording incidents of workplace violence