HABC Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders
About this course
This course is a Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders. The HABC Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders is both Ofqual and Qualifications Wales (Cymwysterau Cymru) accredited and is part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF). It has been specifically designed to meet the statutory requirements of the Licensing Act 2003.
The HABC Award for Personal Licence Holders covers the syllabus set by Government to enable candidates to understand the law in relation to:
• The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities.
• The licensing objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives.
• Prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licensable activities.
• The nature purpose and period of validity of a personal licence.
• The application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence.
• The legal duties of a personal licence holder.
• The law in relation to premises licences.
• The role and responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS).
• What an operating schedule is and what is included in it.
• The law in relation to the protection of children on licensed premises.
• The powers of the police and other authorities in relation to licensed premises.
• The law in relation to Temporary Events Notices.
• The nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body.
• The legal duties of the responsible persons in relation to the operation of licensed premises.
We will send all candidates a course book prior to your course, you are advised to dedicate time to studying the course book prior to attendance and you must bring your course book with you.
The examination consists of 40 questions, of which candidates must answer 28 correctly in order to pass. Please note, all candidates are offered a guaranteed exam re-sit on the next available date should it be required.
Following the examination, Mission Training will contact you to inform you of your results at the earliest opportunity once we have receipt of the results.