Young people are growing up quicker than ever and with an increasing pressure placed upon them within today’s society, they may be more vulnerable. Safeguarding education has never been more prevalent than it is today.
- Knife crime is at an all-time high.
- Gang culture is now a huge part of teenage life, often glamourized in music, films and online. Vulnerable children and children in the care system are among the most likely to be recruited by gangs.
- Drugs are easily available, with a large percentage of pre-teens and teens aware of how and where drugs can be obtained and purchased.
- 70% of 12-15 year olds and 20% of 8-11 year olds own at least one social media platform – this opens them to bullying and outside pressures to conform to certain lifestyle ideals and personal image. It also gives opportunities to form online friendships with unknown individuals who may not be who they claim to be.
Being aware of your surroundings, your friends and your own behaviour has a direct impact on the safety of you and others. We can all become vulnerable at times, and perhaps become involved in conflict. Situations can escalate with many contributing factors including external influences which may include social media.
Our personal safety workshops are bespoke packages that are tailored to meet the needs of your school, club or organisation – you may wish to cover all the topics or just a selection, we can deliver a workshop that precisely meets your requirements.
- The Realities of Gang Culture – Two Hour Module
This workshop focuses on intense elements of the safety of a young person, with particular reference to weapons including guns and knives and the effects that gang culture and peer pressure have amongst young vulnerable people. The workshop is an impactive session with graphic images to shock and show the reality of the potential of such gang participation.
- Personal Safety and Managing Conflict – Two Hour Module
Understanding their surroundings and environment, and the ability to assess potential threats and seek appropriate help go a long way to ensuring a positive outcome should children/young people find themselves facing unforeseen circumstances. Further skills to deescalate a situation or manage conflict where necessary. Using the correct verbal skills, body language or breakaway techniques enhance confidence levels and prepare children/young people for future life situations.
- Trauma Management – Three Hour Module
Bandages, plasters and stereo strips no longer make the grade. Mission Training understands and recognises the need for a tactical approach to critical lifesaving skills, particularly in urban environments. We deliver the latest dynamic techniques in lifesaving skills to contain and manage catastrophic bleeding.
- Alcohol and Drug Awareness – One Hour Module
Young people may find themselves in an environment where drugs and alcohol are present. Our training highlights the risks associated with illegal substances including New Psychoactive Substances (NPS) formally known as legal highs, so that young people have the information they need.
- First Aid Awareness- One Hour Module
Our children’s first aid course provides an introduction to dealing with emergency situations. We include the key elements of preserving life to an injured person. Our training covers a variety of typical emergencies a first aider may face.
- Fire Awareness – One Hour Module
Laser-Driven Extinguisher Training is the latest advancement in fire training technology and is eco-friendly. Using the laser-training extinguisher to provide a dynamic and realistic simulation for trainees while eliminating the hazards associated with conventional fire extinguisher training making it perfect for children and young persons.
Useful Organisations for Support